Cinephiles rejoice! John and Max cover the announced films for the 69th annual Cannes Film Festival. Listen to John and Max butcher the pronunciations of famous actors and directors, as well as, the name of the festival itself. It all concludes with talk of a former Palme d’Or winner All that Jazz and Richard Linklater’s latest film Everybody Wants Some!!
Listen to the episode over at our libsyn feed.
OR download the latest episode from iTunes! Search “It’s the Pictures” in iTunes, and while you’re there, subscribe and leave us a review. It’s the best way to help others find and enjoy It’s the Pictures.
Intro Music: “Take Shelter” composed by David Wingo for the original score of Take Shelter
2:06: News: James Cameron announces four sequels to Avatar at Cinemacon
3:46: Main Topic: 69th Annual Cannes Film Festival
- Loving [Jeff Nichols] (10:45)
- The Unknown Girl [Jean-Pierre Dardenne and Luc Dardenne] (12:56)
- The Neon Demon [Nicolas Winding Refn] (15:30)
- Paterson [Jim Jarmusch] (18:00)
- Personal Shopper [Olivier Assayas] (20:50)
- Julieta [Pedro Almodóvar] (24:55)
- Cafe Society [Woody Allen] (28:35) *Out of Competition
- Graduation [Cristian Mungiu] (32:49)
- American Honey [Andrea Arnold] (34:50)
- After the Storm [Kore-eda Hirokazu] (45:00)
49:40: Picks for Palme d’Or – Julieta (Max) / It’s Only The End Of The World (John)
50:23: Out of Competition Titles – Nice Guys, Money Monster, The BFG
56:50: Films Watched Lately / All That Jazz (John), Everybody Wants Some!! (Max)
Outro Music: “Rubber Head” by Cliff Martinez for the original score of Drive